Sunday, October 21, 2012

At 35 weeks I...

1.  I'm still not sleeping more than 3 hours a night on average.  Thursday night, I got 5 hours, and it was glorious.

2.  I had 6 contractions Saturday, each lasting only a few seconds, but came about with absolutely no warning.

3.  Am getting nauseated at night.  Not NEARLY as bad as earlier in pregnancy.

4.  Celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary by taking maternity pictures, taking a nap, eating at Provino's, and taking a painting class at Masterpiece Mixers.

5.  Panicked that the nursery is no where near ready, and began organizing what we have.  We are so blessed to have 2 showers on the calendar in November.

6.  Was told the baby has dropped.  I could have told you that as well, since I'm having a lot more pressure lower nowadays.

7.  Am getting anxious and excited about finding out if Baby Wood is a Rosalie Ponder or Britton Christopher.  So much so that part of me is tempted to call the doctor and just give in, but I won't.

8.  Am getting terrified of delivery.  I feel like every other woman is perfectly capable of delivering a child except me, which I know is ridiculous and irrational, but I can't help but be terrified.

9.  Have not even started writing my sub. plans for maternity leave.  The contractions I had this weekend kicked my rear into gear, though, and I will be staying late at work to complete them this week.  I'm thankful that I was told I could make 3 weeks' worth of plans, but given that I (and Lauren, and Jeremy, and Mom, and others) think he/she will demand arriving prior to November 23, I will plan for a week before Thanksgiving as well.  I'm hoping to make it to 38 weeks.

10.  Am planning on celebrating Lauren and Chris' wedding day on November 3.  I will be baking an apple crisp, gluten free of course.

11.  Am continuing to witness how wonderful Jer is with all of his support.  I feel like he is also a little nervous, but he is mostly excited.  I was packing the diaper bag today, and opened the pack of diapers to add some to the bag.  I showed him how small they were- it was quite the realization that I am pregnant, AND baby is on his/her way any day now.  I feel like physically, I am for sure 35 weeks along, but mentally, maybe 12 weeks.




No comments:

Post a Comment