Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Jeremy, Lindsay, and I took my dad to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens this afternoon for his Father's Day treat.  If you know my dad at all, you know this was pretty much heaven for him.  To say he loves plants is an understatement.  (Ryan and Mom were supposed to come, but Ryan had a diabetic issue this morning that needed monitoring, so Mom had to stay back.  Just as well...she would have gotten a major migraine from the heat had she come, not that we didn't miss them both.)  Here are some pictures to remember the day:

Lindsay, Dad, and I on the Canopy Bridge, which actually wasn't very high or very long, but still neat.


Dad, Me, and Jeremy on one of the trails.
The 4 of us


I wanted an updated picture of me and Murphy, the family golden retriever (well, since 9th grade)


If you ever have an opportunity to go to the gardens, I would highly recommend it.  It is only $15 for adults, and you can easily spend all morning or afternoon there.  They have a rose garden, edible garden, tons of hydrangeas, bogs, just beautiful trees, a few greenhouses for special plants, a children's garden (with a water fountain, so have the kiddos wear swimsuits), and tons more.

No comments:

Post a Comment